For our most up to date newsletter please follow the link.
Drop in Desk
We have a drop-in computer desk with internet access and printer available for Dartmoor farmers to use at the Dartmoor Hill Farm Project office. In some cases we can book computer trainers to help you with a particular programme or aspect of IT that will help your farm business.
Farmers can borrow one of our two FECPAKs (Faecal Egg Count Packs) for 3 months to see how you get on with checking the worm burden of your sheep on farm. A Payment of £30 is needed and you get the support of a farmer mentor to show you how to set it up and use it.
The Prince's Farm Resilience Programme
The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme offers FREE business skills training and advice to family farms in 15 locations across the UK each year. Through a series of workshops and one to one support, it will help you to ensure that you are making the most of your business for a more efficient and sustainable future.
They are currently open for expression of interest and have two groups in the Devon area. One group will be based in the South Hams area and there is space for 20 farms to sign up; the second group is based in Devon and Somerset for National Trust tenants only and space for 15 farms to sign up. The programme is open to family farms with a main enterprise of beef, sheep or dairy. Any members of the family or partners involved in the farm are welcome to attend workshops. Both tenant farmers and owner occupied farmers are encouraged to join.
The Programme starts in autumn each year, with the first five workshops running from September to March. One-to-one support is offered over the summer, and the final two workshops take place the following autumn.
What is involved:
• Join a local group of up to 20 like-minded family farms.
• Receive assistance to complete a Business Health Check to measure current costs, and see where you could make savings.
• Benefit from one-to-one support to look at implementing change and ideas on your farm.
• Workshop topics cover financial, business and environmental management, as well as succession planning, and are delivered by expert consultants.
• Become part of the alumni group, a growing network of like-minded farmers across the UK.
To find out more and sign up visit princes countryside fund.
or contact the team
Telephone: 020 7566 6672